Believe it or not, Facebook is turning 10 years old in 2014, so it’s definitely not a passing fad. In fact, if Facebook were a country, it would have the third-highest population after China and India. Along with Twitter, these social media giants serve about 1.5 billion users around the globe. Let LaunchDM help you get some brand exposure through social media marketing in San Francisco.
Businesses, small and large, are taking advantage of social media for branding and marketing because the medium streamlines their ability to reach and interact with their target audiences.
If you’re thinking that social media is just for teenagers and your business should just stay out of it, you may be interested to know that grandparents (55-to-64 year-olds) are the fastest growing demographic on Twitter, up 79% since 2012. And the 45-to-54 age bracket is the fastest-growing group on both Facebook and Google+.
Social media marketing is all about relationships. We’re involved in it every day. We understand it and embrace it as a necessary component of almost any company’s web presence. Why? Here are some fascinating social media statistics provided by Socialmediatoday, eMarketer, and Mediabistro that highlight its impact.
- 97% of all consumers search for local businesses online
- 75% of all Internet users are members of at least one social network
- 71% of users access social media from a mobile device
- 93% of consumers rely on social media to influence their purchasing decisions
- 80% of U.S. social network users prefer to connect to brands through Facebook
- 63% of consumers prefer businesses that make their information easily accessible on social sites
- 59% of social media users perceive companies who are active in social media as more approachable
- 71% of consumers who get a quick brand response on a social media network purchase products and recommend that brand to others
- 52% of consumers stop following a business’ page because of boring and repetitive content
- 82% of small businesses are on Facebook; followed by YouTube (73%), Twitter (47%) and LinkedIn (47%)
- 70% of brands have a presence on Google+
- 80% of small businesses use social media to collect and monitor information about their competitors
- 53% of small businesses use social media to engage in 2-way customer support conversations
- 83% of B2B marketers invest in social media to increase brand exposure; 69% to increase web traffic; and 65% to gain market insights
- 14% of consumers trust advertisements, but 90% of them trust the recommendations of their peers
Many marketers look at social media as merely a necessary evil, but we think they’ve got it all wrong. Regardless of the size of your business, social media can help you generate more leads and more sales, but it has to be done just right.
Build an online community for your brand by using social media to its fullest potential. Engage your visitors effectively and efficiently and enjoy benefits you may not get from other forms of marketing.
At LaunchDM, we help you do social media right, from design to strategy to implementation. And everything on social media is trackable. Our unique analytical and reporting tools can help you monitor your social media activities and assess their effect on your website traffic, lead generation and product sales. When you’re ready to roll with social media marketing in San Francisco, let us help.
San Francisco is a great city to get social. So let’s get your SF business on the social web today. Call LaunchDM to schedule a social media marketing consultation.