Your website alone is a great marketing tool, but marketing your business through SEO is just as important as the way your site looks and functions. Not optimizing your site is like writing a cookbook and never publishing it. No one will be able to find it or buy it or discover your delicious recipes. Partnering with LaunchDM for SEO in San Francisco will help potential customers find you on the web.
There are about 45,000 Google searches performed every second (from internetlivestats.com). Pretty astounding, right? Even more astounding would be to have your business show up within the first few organic results. When people search for products or services like those you offer, we can help them find you before they find your competitors.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can have a huge impact on your business. With the criteria for SEO constantly changing, and topics like long-tail keywords, black hat strategies, and animal-named algorithms like Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird to understand, it can be bewildering for the average business owner.
And SEO is constantly changing; producing and promoting excellent content is the gold standard, but other factors, like the rise in voice searches by hands-free mobile users, mean that we have to keep up. If your website has not yet been search engine optimized for mobile, we think you should make this a high priority.
Although mobile devices have limitations (many shapes and sizes, less computing power, smaller screens, slower connections), there are SEO advantages to making your website mobile friendly. Google wants to deliver the best results and may give priority in search results to mobile-friendly sites ahead of those designed for PCs that perform poorly on mobile devices. Having a mobile friendly site has never been more important.
Here are some elements to consider:
- Make sure you have a responsive or dedicated mobile site.
- Make sure that all elements of your site are mobile-friendly.
- Customize your content for mobile readers, emphasizing easy-to-read, actionable information.
- Hands-free users tend to voice search using phrases like “Where is the nearest pizza restaurant” instead of “pizza restaurant San Francisco.” Factor this in to the keywords you use to optimize your website.
- Avoid using videos that don’t play well on mobile devices.
- Ensure that your mobile content loads fast. Google wants to see mobile pages loading in a second or two; unfortunately, most mobile sites take longer.
- Offer visitors a “click to call” option.
- Take advantage of mobile functions that don’t exist on a PC, such as SMS, cameras, GPS, etc. Improve your SEO by optimizing for mobile sites by offering store locators and mobile-only coupons to enhance the customer experience. (You may need a dedicated mobile website to accomplish these things.)
- Don’t rely on native/download apps whose content can’t be searched or indexed by Google and other search engines. Compelling as your latest article may be, it isn’t going to display in mobile search results.
Never depend on SEO alone for the growth of your business. We think it’s crucial to market your business in a variety of ways, both online and offline, and we offer a variety of different solutions. Whether your San Francisco Bay Area business is considering an online advertising Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign or you need to have your existing website SEO or mobile-optimized, we’re ready to help.
SEO in San Francisco– it’s how you found us.
For more information, here are some additional links that may be of interest: